Dr Samarakkody wins top award in Auckland – Forwarded by Clifford Lazarus
Dr Udaya Samarakkody, one of Auckland’s paediatric surgeons and an honorary senior clinical lecturer in paediatric surgery with the University of Auckland (Waikato Clinical Campus) received a Distinguished Clinical Teacher Award for 2020 in February this year.
The award was presented by the University of Auckland Faculty of Medical Health Sciences. Distinguished Clinical teachers have some of the following attributes:
- Made substantial contributions to clinical teaching in the Faculty over many years;
- Carried heavier teaching workloads than many of their peers’
- Assumed leadership positions in clinical teaching delivery;
- Generated particularly positive comments and feedback from students and colleagues;
- Undergone formal training in clinical teaching;
- Undertaken research in clinical teaching;
- Played a role in teaching development or the establishment of new course.
Source: The article was a screenshot from Waikato DHB internal website (Intranet).